July 16, 2013

Magazine

Magazine - Allure US August 2013...
Photographer : Mario Testino
Interview : Brooke Hauser


  Kate opens up about plastic surgery, rumors about her weight, and 
the best piece of advice she got from her ex Johnny Depp...


  In her early days of modeling, she admits she had some insecurities. "I didn't like my flat chest," she says. "I was like, 'Oh, I'm going to have a tit job.' Can you imagine?" Posing nude was also a challenge, she says. "I used to be so scared about 'Oh, I don't want to show my body.' Now that I've shown it, it doesn't bug me about my moles, or 'This isn't big enough' and 'That's not smooth enough.'"



  People are forever trying to imitate the Kate Moss look—rarely successfully. To hear Moss describe it, her approach to fashion and beauty is simple. "I try and be a little bit chic," she says. "I wouldn't wear sweatpants. I wouldn't wear a twinset."


  "With confidence, I think anyone can get a dress and make it their own. I don't think you should have it off the runway and wear it like they want you to wear it. You know, with their hair and makeup—their woman. I just think it's boring. You have to make it your own. 
That's what fashion is all about."


 Some of her best times are spent at home with her ten-year-old daughter, Lila, who has watched The Devil Wears Prada ten times. "She's got a desk in her room with a phone.... She puts a little outfit on and picks up the phone: 'Hello, Miranda Priestly's office. Can you hold? Patrick Demarchelier on the line!'" Moss throws her head back and cackles. "I died when I heard her do it. So funny. She doesn't have a clue who it is, but it's word for word. 
She wants to be Anne Hathaway."

 

 Never far from the gaze of a camera, Moss says she has learned to deal with fame, sometimes the hard way. "Never complain, never explain" is the advice her ex Johnny Depp once gave her, and she has put it to use through more than one scandal. She has the remarkable ability to bounce back, and remains one of the few models who can still command a magazine cover, now most often the territory of A-list actresses. "Everyone's a celebrity. But I'm kind of a celebrity now, so even though I'm not an actress, people know my name. I'm not just a face".


 

Backstage :


"Even at her most glamorous, Kate has a natural ease," says hairstylist Sam McKnight.

 Credit : Allure.Com, Just Jared.

No comments:

Post a Comment